Gargling with salt water may treat mild irritation, but if a serious toothache should be consulted with a doctor.
In addition to salt water, several herbal ingredients can be used to relieve tooth pain. However, it is necessary to consult before using certain medications, especially if we are pregnant, if we go to the breast or if we have other health problems that may be affected by herbal medicines.
Some herbal medicines that can be used to relieve toothache, as reported by MD Web, are:
1. salt waterFor many people, saltwater mouthwash is an effective first-line treatment. Saltwater is a natural disinfectant and can help dislodge food particles and dirt that could get caught between teeth. Treating toothache with salt water can also help reduce inflammation and heal wounds in the mouth.
2. cold waterIf our face is swollen, put a cold compress on the cheek. This can help relieve the pain. Swelling can also mean that we have abscesses, pockets of pus in the roots of our teeth. This can cause serious infections to the jaw and other teeth.
3. ice creamThe trick is to put ice in your hand, on the same side as the affected tooth, for example left or right. Then rub the ice in the space between thumb and forefinger for 7 minutes or until the area becomes numb. The researchers believe that ice can stop the pain signals to our brain.
4. clove oilThis natural medicine can kill pain. Rub directly on the affected area, or soak the cotton with the wheezing oil, then apply on the teeth and gums. This can be as effective as benzocaine.
5. garlicTo do this, chew a piece of garlic or chopped garlic pieces on the sore tooth.
In addition to the above natural remedies, as stated on the Healthline website, a number of additional herbal ingredients can be used to treat dental pain in the home, including:
6. vanillaExtract Vanilla extract contains alcohol, which can help relieve pain. Antioxidant properties also make it an effective healer. How to use it by applying a little vanilla extract to your finger or pouring it on cotton. Then apply directly to the affected area, several times a day.
7. leaves of guavaGuava leaves have anti-inflammatory properties that can help heal wounds. They also have antimicrobial activities that can help in oral care. The trick is to chew fresh guava leaves or guava leaves that have been boiled like a mouthwash.
8. wheatgrassWheatgrass has internal healing properties if taken internally. Wheatgrass can relieve inflammation in the mouth and prevent infection. High chlorophyll content can also fight bacteria. Its use is to make wheatgrass juice a mouthwash.
9. thyme leavesThyme also has strong antibacterial and antioxidant properties that can help treat toothache. The trick is to apply a few drops of thyme essential oil and a few drops of water on the cotton, then apply it on the affected area.
The use of traditional medicines (natural ingredients) is not prohibited to treat toothache. However, its use applies in case of emergency; or because of limited access to health before they can be treated in a dental clinic or doctor.
Another remark, the use of traditional medicine is the context for pregnant mothers. This also confirms the conditions applied under certain conditions.
Ingredients such as clove flowers, cooking salt and garlic relieve toothache. The manual of these materials is clearly indicated. For example, cooking salt is used as follows: "Half a teaspoon of salt is dissolved in a glass of warm water and used to rinse the mouthwash".